Level Two Course| Become a Qualified Perfumer for just £995 |CPD Accredited| Your Career as a Perfumer Starts Here!
If you have completed our Level One course and wish to develop your skills further to make perfume for others or set up your own business in perfumery, this is the course for you. Our Perfumer John Stephen will share his expert knowledge with you and teach you the principles of making commercially viable perfumes.
This is a three-day (Fri-Sun) course where attendees create their own fragrances and produce the required documentation for commercialisation.
Level 2 courses are open to Level 1 ‘Graduates’ who wish to expand upon your knowledge and create custom perfumes for personal interest or commercially. The course, which is very hands-on, takes participants through the creation of more complex fragrances than level 1. It also incorporates theory regarding the professional requirements for perfume creation; including legislation.
A wide of materials is used, 55 as opposed to 25 on the Level 1 course. The group size is restricted to allow one-to-one support and guidance.
Laptops are required with Excel installed. A limited number are available on loan from us if needed but you are advised to bring your own if possible. We also offer Spreadsheet training for those of you who aren’t familiar with Excel. Please contact us if you would like further information.
By the end of the Level Two course you will:
- understand the role of a creative perfumer.
- learn how to produce the necessary documentation to conform to regulations.
- appreciate (by hands-on participation) the side-effect of the addition of even very small quantities of some raw materials.
- become familiar with the legal issues regarding the transportation of perfumes.
- be provided with a set of template documents which will streamline your perfume making documentation.
- be equipped to start creating commercially viable fragrances.
Points to Note:
- For overseas participants, please note that we only currently offer courses in English.
- The legislation covered in the course is European Law, and whilst there is considerable convergence worldwide there are still variations outside Europe that are not covered on the course.
- Course entry requirements
- completion of the Cotswold Perfumery Level 1 course.
- Spreadsheet training is recommended for those who are new to Spreadsheets or have only a basic knowledge. Please enquire if you are interested in Spreadsheet training.
Discounts for Accommodation...
- Level Two is a three day course (normally held Friday to Sunday) so we appreciate that many participants will require accommodation and we are delighted to offer our own accommodation at discounted rates.
- Our three fabulous double bedroom apartments - The Perfumery Apartments in Bourton on the Water and the Promenade Apartment in Cheltenham can both be booked by course participants for the Friday and Saturday night (or Thursday, Friday, Saturday nights if spreadsheet training is required). All apartments are rated with Five Stars and a Gold Award.
- Availability is limited - so booking early is strongly recommended.
- Discounts on accommodation are offered for course participants of £50 per person, per night on our accommodation.
- We automatically reserve all our accommodation during courses for our students, so our accommodation calendar will not show availability. If you are interested in staying with us, please email or call us as soon as possible to check availability.
- For those staying in the Promenade, Cheltenham, transport to and from the Perfumery on the Friday, Saturday or Sunday is offered - free of charge.
Other accommodation close by:
The Cotswolds are a very popular tourist destination and there are a wide variety of places to stay in the area including hotels, bed and breakfasts, rooms in inns and holiday cottages. Many of these are listed and reviewed on TripAdvisor.
Food and Leisure activities:
Why not combine your perfume making training with leisure activities by taking advantage of the other wonderful opportunities available to you whilst you are staying in the beautiful Cotswolds?
We treat course attendees to a bar-snack at a lovely local public house on each day of the course.
In the evening, course attendees often get together and dine at one of the many local bars and restaurants, some which are located by the sparkling river Windrush which runs through the village.
Bars and restaurants in Bourton-on-the-Water and other pretty small towns and villages close by can also be found online
The Cotswolds are a beautiful area for countryside walks, many which start from the door. There are also lots of independent shops to look around and a variety of other attractions to explore, including a quirky vintage motor museum in Bourton-on-the-Water, Birdland, which is home to birds including parrots, owls and penguins, and a model village - a 1930’s scale replica of the village.
Perfume making in The Cotswolds is a scent-sational delight. To reserve your place enrol today and enjoy!