Level Two Course| Become a Qualified Perfumer for just £995 |CPD Accredited| Your Career as a Perfumer Starts Here!
If you have completed our Level One course and wish to develop your skills further to make perfume for others or set up your own business in perfumery, this is the course for you. Our Perfumer John Stephen will share his expert knowledge with you and teach you the principles of making commercially viable perfumes.
This is a three-day (Fri-Sun) course where attendees create their own fragrances and produce the required documentation for commercialisation.
Level 2 courses are open to Level 1 ‘Graduates’ who wish to expand upon your knowledge and create custom perfumes for personal interest or commercially. The course, which is very hands-on, takes participants through the creation of more complex fragrances than level 1. It also incorporates theory regarding the professional requirements for perfume creation; including legislation.
A wide of materials is used, 55 as opposed to 25 on the Level 1 course. The group size is restricted to allow one-to-one support and guidance.
Laptops are required with Excel installed. A limited number are available on loan from us if needed but you are advised to bring your own is possible. We also offer Spreadsheet training for those of you who aren’t familiar with Excel. Please contact us if you would like further information.
By the end of the Level Two course you will…
- understand the role of a creative perfumer.
- learn how to produce the necessary documentation to conform to regulations.
- appreciate (by hands-on participation) the side-effect of the addition of even very small quantities of some raw materials.
- become familiar with the legal issues regarding the transportation of perfumes.
- be provided with a set of template documents which will streamline your perfume making documentation.
- be equipped to start creating commercially viable fragrances.
Things you need to know…
- For overseas participants, please note that we only currently offer courses in English.
- The legislation covered in the course is European Law, and whilst it is true to say that there is considerable convergence worldwide – there are still variations outside Europe that are not covered on the course.
- Your trainer will be John Stephen BSc MRSC CChem who is a member of the SIPC and has over 50 years’ experience in the industry as an independent creative perfumer.
- Minimum entry requirements – completion of the Cotswold Perfumery Level 1 course. A knowledge of spreadsheets would also be very useful. Spreadsheet training is recommended for those who are new to spreadsheets or have only a basic knowledge. Please look at our spreadsheet training section for more information.
Discounts for Accommodation...
- Level Two is a three day course normally held Friday to Sunday. We understand that many participants may require accommodation.
- The Perfumery in Bourton on the Water and the Promenade Apartment in Cheltenham can both be booked by course participants for the Friday and Saturday night (or Thursday, Friday, Saturday nights if spreadsheet training is required). All apartments are rated with Five Stars and a Gold Award.
- Availability is limited - three single bedroom apartments altogether sleeping a maximum of 2 persons per apartment - so booking early is strongly recommended.
- Discounts on accommodation are offered for course participants of £50 per person, for each night preceding a course or spreadsheet training. If your travelling partner is also doing a course, they also receive the same discount and this could cover the majority of the accommodation costs. Please note however that our website cannot calculate this discount (it has to be done manually) - so please email or telephone with your requirements.
- We automatically reserve all accommodation during courses for our students, so our accommodation calendar will not show availability. If you are interested in staying, it is therefore important that you call us to check for availability.
- For those staying in the Promenade, Cheltenham, transport to and from the Perfumery on the Friday, Saturday or Sunday is offered - free of charge.