Level Two Course - Advance your technique and become a Perfumer - £995
If you have completed the Level One course and wish to develop your skills further to make perfume for others or set up your own business in perfumery, this is the course you need. Our Perfumer John Stephen will pass on his knowledge and navigate you through how to make commercially viable perfumes.
A three-day (Fri-Sun) course for Level 1 "graduates" to create their own fragrance and produce the required documentation.
Level 2 courses are open to Level 1 “Graduates” who want to expand upon their knowledge and create custom perfumes as a hobby or commercially. The course takes participants through the creation of more complex fragrances, whilst the theory focuses on teaching the professional requirements for perfume creation; including the legislation side.
A much wider range of materials is used - 55 as opposed to 25 in the Level 1 course. The group size is purposely smaller to allow more one-to-one support and guidance.
Laptops are required - with Excel installed - although a limited number are available on loan for those who don't have one.
By the end of the Level Two course you will…
- Have a much broader understanding of the demands on a creative perfumer.
- Know how to produce the necessary documentation to conform to the regulations.
- Appreciate the effect of the addition of even very small quantities of some raw materials
- Understand the issues surrounding transport of dangerous goods.
- Have a set of template documents which will make future perfume documentation easier .
- Be equipped to start creating commercially viable fragrances - and be able to check they are safe.
Things you need to know…
- For overseas participants, please note that we only currently offer courses in English.
- The legislation covered in the course is European Law, and whilst it is true to say that there is considerable convergence worldwide – there are still variations outside Europe that are not covered on the course.
- Your trainer will be John Stephen BSc MRSC CChem who is a member of the SIPC and has over 50 years’ experience in the industry as an independent creative perfumer.
- Minimum entry requirements – completion of the Cotswold Perfumery Level 1 course. A knowledge of spreadsheets would also be very useful. Spreadsheet training is recommended for those who are new to spreadsheets or have only a basic knowledge. Please look at our spreadsheet training section for more information.
Discounts for Accommodation...
- Level Two is a three day course normally held Friday to Sunday. We understand that many participants may require accommodation.
- The Perfumery in Bourton on the Water and the Promenade Apartment in Cheltenham can both be booked by course participants for the Friday and Saturday night (or Thursday, Friday, Saturday nights if spreadsheet training is required). All apartments are rated with Five Stars and a Gold Award.
- Availability is limited - three single bedroom apartments altogether sleeping a maximum of 2 persons per apartment - so booking early is strongly recommended.
- Discounts on accommodation are offered for course participants of £50 per person, for each night preceding a course or spreadsheet training. If your travelling partner is also doing a course, they also receive the same discount and this could cover the majority of the accommodation costs. Please note however that our website cannot calculate this discount (it has to be done manually) - so please email or telephone with your requirements.
- We automatically reserve all accommodation during courses for our students, so our accommodation calendar will not show availability. If you are interested in staying, it is therefore important that you call us to check for availability.
- For those staying in the Promenade, Cheltenham, transport to and from the Perfumery on the Friday, Saturday or Sunday is offered - free of charge.